Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Adventures in Online Dating: "Real Dude"

I received this in my OKCupid inbox. The subject line was "real dude." Here's the content:
wow a chick who wants to know how it works! my life long pursuit is to understand everything makes me an outcast in these mountains. Hello my name is ben i like your profile and want to know more about you so hit me up some time.

First of all, my profile says NOTHING about wanting to know how "it" - whatever "it" is - works. I mention that I have fun fixing things, but that's not the same as wanting to know how "it" works. I know how it works, dipshit - I just fucking fixed it myself.

Second, LOOOOVE the grammar and punctuation. Way to weed yourself out of the competition there, buddy. Be sure to swing by English 101 in your lifelong pursuit to understand everything.

Third, "hit me up some time" ? Take a look at his picture. Does this look like the kind of man that should be tossing around that phrase?

His profile offers a few more gems:

He's finishing "collage." Apparently how to spell "college" is not in the curriculum.

He's "not a big fan of the bar's." The bar's WHAT, exactly? The bar's stools? The bar's music? The bar's selection of adult beverages? The bar's shady patrons? The suspense is killing me.

No comments: